Posted on October 4, 2021
Posted on October 4, 2021
Major global companies such as Uber, Trello, LinkedIn, Netflix, PayPal, Groupon, and eBay, and NASA use Node.JS to build top-notch web solutions with the help of hiring dedicated Node.Js developers or Node.Js development companies.
Node.JS was developed by Ryan Dahle in 2009. Some of its unique features include easy code sharing, high performance, and a dedicated community.
Node.JS features an asynchronous processing architecture that allows you to create uniform microservice architecture. It ensures the easy loading of web applications without collapsing the servers. This is because all the tasks are broken down into distinct nodes, which in turn allows them to run in collaboration with others.
Node.JS is a compiled package. Here is a short brief of the top features of Node.JS that have made it a popular framework over the past years.
Do you want your web applications to work seamlessly on all devices such as desktops, mobiles, and PDAs? The cross-platform independence nature of Node.JS allows you to transfer the code of mobile applications to desktops.
The language uses the prototypal inheritance method that allows you to modify any prototype. Once the object is defined, you can add or remove methods and perform different tasks to mutate anything.
The entire web is based on the request and response model. The two-way data binding ensures all the changes in one data model are immediately reflected in similar views. Also, if the user makes some changes, they are propagated in the fundamental model.
Node.JS handles different instances of requests simultaneously. How does Node.JS manage it?
Node.JS uses the optional non-block I/O system. The requests with low response times are given higher priority. This preference order boosts the performance speed of your web applications compared to Ruby on Rails or Python.
Node.JS ensures instantaneous communication between the client and the server. In simple words, Node.JS ensures there is no delay between the user’s request and the server response. Some run-time environments use the letter-by-letter approach to parsing out the complete message. However, Node.JS processes the complete request.
Node.JS is compatible with Web sockets which is high-end real-time communication software. This ensures all users are always in sync.
Node.JS has contributed tremendously to the web development realm. Some of the main benefits of Node.JS development are:
2. Event-based model: The event-based loops facilitate the running of non-blocking I/O tasks which ensure the smooth running of code.
3. Community Support: Node.JS has a dedicated user community that contributes to making the platform stronger. All the developers develop open-source code applications. If you need any help with the code, you can seek assistance from the community.
4. Cost-effective: Node.JS development is quite economical as compared to other development frameworks.
5. Fast-to-market development: Node.JS has a substantial package management library with a rich plethora of pre-designed tools and templates. Interestingly, it offers dozens of open-source options that can be included easily in your web applications. The pre-built elements cut down the programming cost as well as the time to bring your applications to the market.
Now that you know the core features and benefits of Node.JS, it’s time to learn about when you can use Node.JS for development.
1. Real-time applications: You can use Node.JS to create real-time chat and messaging software. It ensures high speed and performance when you need to send multiple messages to different users simultaneously.
2. Sharing tools: You can create collaboration tools that are used to monitor real-time flows. For instance: Trello is powerful project management software that uses the event-driven nature of Node.JS to help you organize your work.
3. Data streaming applications: What do you understand by streaming? Streaming is the process that transmits the data in small modules over the Internet rather than sending it as one single entity.
Studies reveal that with the usage of Node.JS, the startup time of Netflix reduced from 40 minutes to 1 minute.
4. Applications that need scalability: If you need to create applications that endure high peak loads, Node.JS is a preferred choice. Let’s understand this with an example:
Uber is a global taxi service provider. It operates in 69 countries and has a customer base of 93 million. Uber has to look after dozens of operations such as handling requests, matching passengers drivers, and sending notifications. All this seems to be a herculean task. Fortunately, the scalable nature of Node.JS makes it easy to process all the information.
The developers can examine the program and repair the technical bugs if any without affecting the existing application.
5. Proxy Server: When you have an application with varied response times, you can use Node.JS as a proxy server. Let’s understand with an example:
Suppose you have a server-side application that works with third-party applications and retrieves data from different sources, you can use Node.JS as a proxy if the organization doesn’t have the adequate architecture to control the requirements.
Node.JS keeps growing to web applications and going beyond robotics and desktop developments. Here’s a quick glimpse at the statements given by renowned IT professionals who advocate Node.JS development:
“Node.Js is a real opportunity to make it easier for developers to build high-performance applications and get it running onto the web in a really scalable way to deliver value to end-users.” – Justin Beckwith, Lead Product Manager with Google
“Node.Js powers our web applications and has allowed our teams to move much faster in bringing their designs to life”- Jeff Harrell, Director of Engineering at PayPal
“On the server-side, our entire mobile software stack is completely built-in Node. One reason was scale. The second is Node showed us huge performance gains.” – Kiran Prasad, Mobile Web Development Lead at LinkedIn
“Node’s I/O model freed us from worrying about locking and concurrency issues that are common with multithreaded a sync I/O,” – Subbu Allamaraju, Principal Member, Technical Staff at eBay
Now the question is how you can believe the previous points regarding features, benefits, and statistics without knowing its future. Because when people are choosing any framework for their businesses, they must know their future. So, you can ask this question here: Does Node.Js have a future? and How you connect this with your business? Here are some prime causes why Node.JS has a favorable future:
1. Popular companies such as PayPal, Netflix, eBay, and LinkedIn use Node.JS to fulfill their development needs.
2. Node.JS has made a mark and is being used significantly in domains such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science.
3. Statistics reveal that 43% of the developers have resorted to Node.JS as the framework to create enterprise-level solutions.
4. Microsoft and Google realize the tremendous potential of Node.JS and spend their resources to leverage the Node.JS development.
5. It works efficiently with server-side applications.
6. The quick transmission of data between client and server facilitates the development of real-time applications.
Talking about the start-ups, Node.JS takes the catbird seat. First and foremost, it is agile and easy-to-use nature helps the start-ups to create applications to fulfill their development needs.
Cost is a big concern for start-ups. Therefore, the open-source development of Node.JS helps business owners to reduce development costs. Also, it is easy to maintain the Node.JS applications without spending too much money.
The ability to switch between nodes allows the developers to incorporate new ideas. Putting it in simple words, it’s like adding more parts to an existing house. Node.JS allows business owners to add what they need and whenever they want. Interestingly, this is the most important aspect of a start-up.
Enterprise: Enterprises have high-end goals when it comes to web development. They generally aim to gain speed and scalability. Here’s when Node.JS comes into the picture to cater to all such needs.
Owing to the dynamic features of Node.JS, the development industry has embraced Node.JS and experiments with its advancements.
To wrap up, Node.JS is an amazing development framework that helps you build solutions that can help you accelerate your business growth. High flexibility and scalability are two prime factors that will make Node.JS the most sought-after platform in times to come.
Packed with a robust debugging style, Node.JS is a stable solution to cater to the dynamic needs of businesses and uplift them. Hire Indian programmers to provide the best Node.Js solutions with just one click. Contact us now and make your dreams come true.
Please take a moment to send some basic details of what you need done and we will get back to you swiftly